May 30, 2019
You’ve been self-conscious about your crooked teeth for a while now. You could get braces, but you don’t want to get called “brace face” by your friends and coworkers every day for the next couple years. Should you simply accept your crooked teeth, or embrace the brace face? Turns out, you don’t have to do either! You can get Invisalign in Scarborough to straighten your teeth with no embarrassment.
How Does Invisalign in Scarborough Work?
Your dentist will take an impression of your smile and create a set of clear, customized aligners. Each set of aligners represents a different step in the journey of your teeth toward their ideal position. You’ll switch to a different aligner every so often, as determined by your dentist. You’ll also have regular check-ups with your dentist to track your progress.
How Is Invisalign Better Than Braces?
Invisalign has many benefits that braces simply do not. These benefits include:
- Unnoticeable. Unlike the obvious metal of braces, your aligners are basically undetectable. People around you will only see your beautiful smile that comes after treatment.
- More comfortable. You don’t have to worry about wires or brackets poking you. Your aligners are made of plastic custom-fit for you.
- Removable. Braces must stay on for the entire treatment. While you do have to wear Invisalign for 20-22 hours a day, they can be removed in some situations, such as eating, flossing, or brushing your teeth. It also makes brushing your teeth so much easier, since you don’t have to reach under brackets. Or, if you have a big event, you can take them out for a little while, just as long as you remember to put them back in afterwards!
- Shorter treatment. Braces are usually worn for 18 months to 2 years before achieving straight teeth. Invisalign treatment is normally complete in 9-18 months, meaning you get to see your new and improved smile much sooner.
Is Invisalign the Right Choice for Me?
If you have serious dental issues like a deep overbite or severely rotated teeth, then you might benefit more from traditional orthodontic treatment. However, Invisalign can improve a wide variety of common dental imperfections, such as:
- Gaps between teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Moderately crooked teeth
- Mild overbites or underbites
Invisalign requires that you follow your dentist’s instructions closely and keep track of your aligners. Losing them could cause delays or problems in treatment.
No longer do you have to choose between crooked teeth and a metal mouth. With Invisalign, you can improve your smile comfortably and conveniently. Your smile, and your self-confidence, will be transformed!
About the Practice
Dr. Samantha Amaro, Dr. Arti Patel, and Dr. Anny Charolia operate White Willow Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in Scarborough, Ontario, on the idea of improving patients’ self-esteem by helping them achieve a beautiful smile. Dr. Amaro has a special certification in Invisalign, so you can trust that your smile will be straighter in no time. For more information on how we at White Willow can help your smile, visit our website or call us at (416)-285-4545.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.