May 15, 2019
We all have busy lives these days. It can be hard to find the time for a dental appointment to fix your broken tooth. In most cases, it takes at least two weeks of waiting between appointments. When you just want your tooth to be fixed, those two weeks can seem like forever. That’s why your dentist in Scarborough can restore your smile in just one appointment with CEREC same-day crowns.
What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction. Sounds like a mouthful, right? What it boils down to is a simple, quick way of making and placing crowns in just one visit to the dentist. It involves using a tiny camera to take digital impressions of your tooth instead of using the plaster molds for traditional crowns. Then, the crown is designed and made right here in the office as opposed to being sent to a lab. Plus, the whole process is done in less than an hour!
What Are the Advantages of One-Day CEREC Crowns?
- No need for a temporary. With traditional crowns, you have to wear a temporary crown for a few weeks before receiving your permanent one. The temporary can be damaged or fall out, which could necessitate yet another dental visit. Using CEREC technology, you can get everything taken care of at once.
- Digital impressions. Traditional plaster molds can be uncomfortable and a bit of a mess. CEREC takes digital impressions by scanning the dimensions of your tooth with a tiny camera. These measurements are much more accurate and less of a hassle.
- Longer lifespan. CEREC uses a single block of solid ceramic materials to create the crown instead of pressed ceramic and metal. This makes it able to withstand more chewing, so it can last for ten to fifteen years with proper care.
- Virtually unnoticeable. The color of CEREC ceramic more closely matches the color of your natural teeth. No one will be able to tell you got a CEREC crown unless you go talking about how easy it was!
- Less anxiety. Some people absolutely dread going to the dentist in general, especially getting a crown put on. Only having one appointment literally halves your anxiety. The CEREC process also is smoother and faster than that of a traditional crown. You’ve got nothing to worry about!
What Problems Can CEREC Crowns Fix?
- Protecting a tooth that has been treated with a root canal.
- Repairing a tooth that has decayed.
- Restoring a tooth that has been structurally damaged.
- Completing a dental implant.
- Improving the appearance of a misshapen or stained tooth.
As you can see, CEREC same-day crowns offer more convenience and accuracy to the whole crown process. Not only can you save time, but you will avoid future visits due to them breaking since they last longer.
Normally the procedure can be anxiety-inducing, but with CEREC, you can keep your smile beautiful and worry-free!
About the Practice
Dr. Samantha Amaro, Dr. Arti Patel, and Dr. Anny Charolia provide friendly, gentle, and nonjudgmental service at their practice in Scarborough, Toronto. Dr. Amaro has a certification in CEREC same-day crowns. She, along with the whole team, is dedicated to helping patients improve their smiles as painlessly as possible. For more information about the practice or about CEREC crowns, visit their website or call them at (416)-285-4545.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.