February 11, 2018
It’s always been a desire of yours to correct your teeth and achieve the smile of your dreams, but you feel at times like you “missed the boat” because now you’re an adult and can’t imagine wearing metal brackets and wires in your mouth. So you feel hindered while your self-confidence continues to decline, but your dentist says there is an alternative to the traditional approach – Invisalign of Scarborough. As you continue reading you’ll learn about the advantages of taking this route to getting the perfect smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign offers a way to achieve the smile of your dream without enduring the inconvenience of old-fashioned methods. The process begins with a consultation with your local dentist so that she can assess your current condition. This will ensure that the Invisalign process is be right for you.
After determining that it’s a good fit, the oral expert will take impressions of your teeth so that your BPA-free clear, plastic aligners can be fabricated. And instead of visiting your dentist to tighten wires, you will be given the full set of trays at the start of the process with instructions on how long to wear each pair. You’ll simply discard the old retainers and move on to the next set in the sequence when it’s time. As opposed to the four-week visits that you’d normally maintain with traditional braces, you’ll only need to stop in for a dentist appointment every six weeks with the Invisalign process.
5 Advantages of Invisalign
Here are 5 reasons why Invisalign is right for correcting your teeth:
- Dignity – Because Invisalign aligners are clear plastic, you won’t have to worry about hiding your smile or feeling ashamed of bulky metal protruding from your mouth.
- Comfort – You can also expect a more comfortable feel from your Invisalign aligners, allowing you to straighten your teeth without enduring the pain of the pressure that is applied from wires.
- Lifestyle – With traditional braces you will have several restrictions on the foods that you can eat, which is something you don’t have to worry about with Invisalign because they can be easily removed from your mouth. You’ll just need to make sure that you wear them for at least 22 hours a day.
- Maintenance – Your oral hygiene is always important, so it’s great that your clear aligners can be removed. This allows you to brush, floss and perform all of the other oral hygiene practices that you normally would.
- Time – Where as the old-fashioned route of teeth straightening could take 2 or more years, the Invisalign method can deliver a perfect smile usually in 9 to 18 months.
When you’re ready to take the next step toward improving your confidence through correcting your teeth, just give your local dentist a call to schedule an initial consultation and prepare to feel the joy and happiness that perfectly aligned ivories can bring!
About the Author
Dr. Arti Patel earned her Doctor of Surgery degree from King’s College University, London and then went on to successfully complete the equivalency program of the National Dental Examining Board of Canada. A current member of the Ontario Dental Association, Dr. Patel practices at White Willow Family & Cosmetic Dentistry and can be reached for more information through her website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.