May 12, 2017
You’ve decided. It’s time to do something about your crooked smile. It’s made you self-conscious for years, but you’re heard of an innovative orthodontic system that makes treatment easy and discreet. Yes, Invisalign clear aligners change mild to moderate orthodontic problems in just nine to 18 months. Dr. Samantha Amaro, your dentist in Scarborough, is certified in Invisalign, so you know your treatment will work, giving you the healthiest, straightest smile possible. Bring your questions to her at White Willow Family & Cosmetic Dentistry when you have your personal smile consultation.
What Exactly are Invisalign Aligners?
Invisalign aligners in Scarborough are orthodontic appliances made from clear acrylic. They are custom-fabricated according to your dentist’s instructions. Numbering 18 to 30 pairs in all, the aligners are worn 20 to 22 hours per day and are changed out every two weeks. There are no metal brackets and wires to cause oral discomfort or unsightly smile aesthetics.
How Long Does Treatment Take?
Typically, treatment takes nine to 18 months. One year is average–shorter than with traditional braces which normally take two to two and a half years or even more.
Will Invisalign Fix Your Smile?
Dr. Amaro can tell you that after she examines your teeth and gums and takes some digital x-rays and a three-dimensional scan of your mouth. Many older teens and adults are good candidates for Invisalign when they have smile issues such as:
- Tooth rotation
- Tooth tipping
- Tooth movement after previous orthodontic treatment
While more complex problems are best left for conventional metal braces, Invisalign aligners prove to be versatile and highly effective.
How Will Your Life Be Impacted?
Dr. Amaro tells her Invisalign patients in Scarborough that their lives will proceed as usual with some minor adjustments in their routines:
- They can smile confidently when their aligners are in place because the tightly fitting, clear appliances are practically invisible.
- Patients can remove their aligners for important social events such as job interviews and weddings.
- Patients can take out their aligners to eat and to brush and floss. There are no dietary restrictions or complex oral hygiene routines.
- They come to White Willow Family & Cosmetic Dentistry every four to six weeks to receive new aligner pairs and for quick progress checks.
- They can expect some discomfort as their teeth gradually move into their new positions. This occurs mostly at the beginning of treatment.
Will Your New Smile Stay Well-aligned?
Most Invisalign patients wear retainers after treatment is over. Many dentists recommend customized Vivera retainers made by Invisalign.
Arrange Your Consultation
Don’t delay any longer. Pursue your dream smile with a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Amaro. She’ll answer all your questions and tell you if Invisalign is right for your smile. Why not
contact White Willow Family & Cosmetic Dentistry today for an appointment?
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.